It's Your Body I respect that!
We all have an intimate relationship with our own body. Even if it’s a bit disconnected. It’s still your body and no one should know it better than you.
Your body talks to you. Whether through pain or injury, trauma or abuse, emotional unrest, or spiritual stagnation, the body carries the brunt of it. It keeps our secrets, holds our hurt, and changes as we grow.
All Things Myofascial Self-Care will deepen those inner knowings by way of fascial engagement, exploration, and release.
In other words, as your body becomes more open and free you will, in turn, heighten your awareness and harness your body's ability to heal.
So you can feel better in your body,
I want to THRIVE
You're already in-tune and in relationship with your body as it relates to awareness, movement, fitness and nutrition. You view your body as the fundamental vehicle that takes you through this crazy thing called life, while recognizing the value of self care, body upkeep and a desire to deepen your physical practices.
I want to HEAL
You're at the stage where your body feels like a daily uphill battle. Your collection of health related issues, injuries or traumas have begun to wear your body thin. And you recognize the reality that something must change in order to reconnect with yourself.
I want to go DEEPER
You're searching for a deeper connection between your physical body and your emotional or spiritual well-being. There is an emerging belief that your inner world reflects your outer world. And you put your faith into an inherent trust that is your Soul.
Your Path to Better Well Being
There is a good chance you are dealing with some level of physical pain. Visits to your bodyworker-of-choice may be commonplace. You sigh with relief when you land into the comfort of experienced hands to ease what ails you.
Myofascial Self-Care can be a practice on its own or round out the work you do with a skilled practitioner.
Some of the many benefits of Myofascial Self-Care include:
Consider this course the starting point on a new phase of your healing journey.
Along the way you will:
I was at an MFR seminar when I heard Renie say to a room full of therapists, "if you ever have a chance to offer this kind of care for your clients, do it!" She was referring to the Myofascial self-care classes she offers. I knew in that moment, I would. I traveled to her classes each month because I wanted to learn enough to be able to offer this to my clients. Renie is able to describe the indescribable and allow you to have an experience that is all your own.
- Kim Fish, Bodywork Mentor, Bodywork Coaching Boutique
Enrolling in this course was easily the best decision of 2020. The perpetual quest to find the power outside of myself took a 180 degree turn. I am now armed with practical approaches to access power that was blocked or stuck. I highly recommend taking this 'journey to you'.
Rich A., Course Participant
Wow, I have TMJ problems and all of these techniques have been so helpful to loosen. I love all we are doing.
Lily V. Course Participant
I have been in the fitness industry for 20 years. Between my career and 4 pregnancies, I am very body aware and understand how physical imbalances cause tension and pain. Renie's authentic values and clear instruction has taught me that I can take control of the tension and strain in my hips and pelvic floor. By utilizing Myofascial self-care techniques I can release tightness and restriction and create myofascial mobility.
- Dorienne L., Owner, Salud Portland
So very glad to learn this technique! IT band issues are difficult and your explanation of how to come in slowly through the knee area is key to successful self treatment. Thanks!
Carol W., Course Participant
It’s close to midnight and I just finished your hip sequence again. I loved it- guided by your voice. Your course really has been a treasure for me.
Sarah S., Course Participant
I have been receiving and self practicing MFR for over a decade. Renie is one of the best MFR therapists I know! After years of hands-on treatment, I was skeptical of online instruction. But her guidance and insight has continued to help me immensely even online. Renie's experience and approach to Myofascial self-care has helped me stay healthy and active in many sports.
- Clancy C., MFR Client
I’m feeling so good! I feel like I can breathe deeper already. Great instruction. Thanks!
Steven N., Course Participant
This program is incredible, Renie. And it is so kind of you to make it available for download. Your explanations are perfect for patients as well as therapists who are really patients too. We can find our special Place, turn on our iPhone or tablet and do a session with you. I love that I can hit pause any time to continue longer if I need to. You really got me back into the saddle again, and working. Thank you so much.
Sherri S., Course Participant
What's Inside All Things Myofascial Self-Care
Each of the 6 modules will have some component of Myofascial Release theory and principle, a technique theme of the week, and a flowing sequence to tie it all together.
That way you can learn the why behind the how.
This course DOES REQUIRE a foam roller and two air-filled, inflatable balls to access the fascial system. You can watch this short video to see the suggested tools.
You will have access to all course materials for 6 months from the start date. All 'technique' lessons will be available for download and yours to keep.
The course begins on Sunday, May 1, 2022. A new module will be released every Sunday for 6 weeks.**
You are able to work through the material at your own pace.
How's Your Body?
So, how IS your body? The only person who can really answer this question is you. In this module we will begin to slow things down right off the bat, so the body can speak. The Fascial System loooooves time. So often our thinking brain works on overload and without even realizing it, we think about how we feel instead of embody how we feel. From the beginning, we'll allow your body’s language to run this show. A welcomed change in this modern world.
What to expect:
- Some time to reflect on how and where your body is at the beginning of this course. Before we journey ahead, let’s take some time to reflect back to recap any physical, emotional and spiritual events that may have led you to your current whereabouts as it relates to your body.
- Learn some of the basic and foundational principles of Myofascial Release and how to apply them to Myofascial self-care.
- Become comfortable with utilizing the foam roller and balls as we create a flow of some basic Myofascial Release techniques.
- TECHNIQUE FOCUS: Simply the basics
- Live! Q&A Connection Session
Module 2 All Things Fascia
For many, fascia is a mysterious and under-recognized system of the body. The science of the fascial system is complex and its true function is still in the discovery phase by doctors and scientists. In this module, we will cover the foundations of fascia and Myofascial Release. This foundation will allow you to understand the importance and role of fascia as it relates to the health of your body.
What to expect:
- Prepare to get just sciency enough to scratch the surface of this fascinating and complex system.
- Get answers to questions like: What is fascia? What is Myofascial Release? What is a fascial restriction and how do they develop?
- Learn about the role the fascial system plays as it relates to injury, ailments and illness of the body~mind~spirit.
- Implement the more subtle and nuanced side of Myofascial Release with techniques that help quiet the mind.
- TECHNIQUE FOCUS: Time into the web
- Live! Bonus Session: Restorative Relaxation with Kim Fish
Module 3Deepening Practice
Myofascial self-care is rooted in the techniques we utilize. In this technique-heavy module, we will learn where to begin self-treatment for more specific ailments related to back, neck, shoulder and hip issues.
What to expect:
- Discover why the exploration phase of a technique is a valuable component not to be missed.
- Understand the importance of treating the full body and not simply spot-treating where it hurts.
- Develop a trust and a rapport with your body so you can more fully understand how your body communicates with you.
- TECHNIQUE FOCUS: Flow and Sequence
- Live! Q&A Connection Session
Module 4Nature and Healing
The fascial system communicates in a language that is inherent to the living, natural world around us. We will look to nature to discover components of the healing process in fractals, chaos and healing crisis. We will have an opportunity to look around, at our surroundings, as we look within, to find parallels in the healing process.
What to expect:
- Deepen your awareness around the idea that everything is connected.
- Develop an understanding of the value and importance of a healing crisis; and how to identify your body’s deep expression of healing.
- Confidence to move away from ‘technique’ and into a body-led experience.
- TECHNIQUE FOCUS: Engaging the Mind~Body
- Live! BONUS SESSION: Embodying Pleasure with Kellie Ryan, LMT
Module 5Deeper Into Self
Physical and habitual holding patterns, belief systems and past traumas have an element of being chronically held in the body. Chronic issues are often held in the deep layers of our being. In this module, the combination of introspection and technique will encourage a look at some of those long and strongly-held wounds we carry.
What to expect:
- A chance to examine your belief system as it relates to your body's ability to heal.
- A look into past injuries, illness, and trauma to recognize how those incidents may still have lingering effects on the body and mind.
- Recognition of different sensations as we seek to access deeper layers and old wounds.
- TECHNIQUE FOCUS: Deeper layers
- Live Q&A Connection Session
In this last module, you will take time to notice how your body has shifted - no matter how big or small the change may be. Recognition of the small and subtle is a crucial skill to transition you into effective, meaningful self-care.
What to expect:
- Encouragement to recognize what has shifted, changed, eased or intensified.
- Solidify your confidence in your technique skills by recapping the basic principles needed for a successful self-care practice.
- Guidance to harness your ability to listen and be in communication with your body and recognize the fascial language.
- TECHNIQUE FOCUS: Find your own starting point
You'll be backed by a Risk-Free, 14-Day Guarantee
Healing doesn’t always happen on your own terms.
This, we know.
All Things Myofascial Self-Care is dedicated to your development of a regular, fascia-focused self-care routine that will allow you to increase your body awareness and understanding of the fascial system through an experiential process. This process will illuminate the complexities of the fascial system as it relates to your physical, emotional and spiritual dysfunction and well-being. Our goal is a deeper connection to your self-reliance, vitality and empowerment.
If you find the techniques are not suited for your body, let's chat! We will discuss your motivation for joining the course, how you are doing physically and what routines for self-care have been established and utilized. If your body is just not responding well to this approach within 14 days of the start of the course, you will be refunded.
I would be honored for you to join me in
All Things Myofascial Self-Care
Your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being is not something I take lightly. It would be my honor to share with you the value of having a committed practice and an understanding of Myofascial self-care.
The John F. Barnes approach to Myofascial Release has literally transformed my life personally and professionally. For almost 20 years, I have spent my career educating clients about the significance of the fascial system through touch. Allowing them to feel into parts of their being that are essential to their healing process.
The principles of Myofascial Release combined with the empowerment of Myofascial self-care is a formula that can elicit the freedom from within that you have been searching for. When you can use the body as a way to access the deeper parts of yourself that are essential to healing, your life can open up in a seemingly magical way.
Should you choose to embark on this journey of Myofascial self-care, I guarantee to meet you with the necessary guidance to uncover the parts of your being that are seeking your attention.
I look forward to our time together and getting to know you inside All Things Myofascial Self-Care.